Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Book Of Mormon Quilt


Historically,
the Mormon Pioneers settled in the Utah Valley over 150 years ago.....
Making Utah home to the largest LDS population,
jello, funeral potatoes, and our famous Book of Mormon.


Each block represents a story found in the Book Of Mormon!!










Combining applique and embroidery does require time and plenty of study,
maybe we"ll ask permission .....
"Can this count for scripture study?"




Don't miss sampling the recipe for the famous Mormon Funeral Potatoes...
aka Potatoes au Gratin.
2 bags frozen shredded potatoes
2 cups sour cream
1 square butter (melted)
2 cans cream of chicken soup
2-3 green onions chopped
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
2 cups grated cheddar cheese
Mix all ingredients together
pour into 9/13 baking dish
top with crushed cornflakes and more cheese (optional)
Bake 350 45-60 min.





9 comments:

  1. I would love to see the rest of the quilt
    Do you have a pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you carry the Book of Mormon Quilt pattern?

    ReplyDelete
  3. where can we buy this pattern? Please email me at packdarla@gmail.com
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also like to see if you have a pattern for this. This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Is there a pattern for this quilt? I would love to get one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. is there a pattern for this? I have a few clients who have been asking about it. my email is designsbylaurajo@gmail.com Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do you sell this quilt? Please email me at melindappowell@ gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Could you please point me in the direction of where I might find the pattern for this quilt. I would love to make it for my best friend. my email is mkfoley28@gmail.com. thank you :)

    ReplyDelete

Let's Chat!