has for weeks been telling us about her great tomato tart.
Today she decided to surprise us and make it for lunch.
(she even made her own crust)
We were all very impressed and we think you will be too.
Thanks Theresa !
1 head garlic
1 premade pie crust or your favorite homemade recipe
1 1/2 pounds ripe tomatoes sliced 1/4 inch thick
3 TBS olive oil
2 0z italian fontina cheese
course salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350
- Place garlic on piece of aluminum foil. Drizzle with 1 TBS oil. Wrap foil around garlic Bake untill soft and golden brown. About 45 min. remove from oven.
- Raise oven temp to 450
- When garlic is cool enough to handle, squeeze the cloves out of their skins and into a small bowl. mash with fork and set aside.
- Spread roasted garlic evenly on crust.
- sprinkle with half the cheese. Arrange the tomatoes on top of the cheese in an overlapping circular pattern.
- Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, and drizzle with remaining 2 TBS oil.
- Put in oven. Reduce temp. to 400 and bake untill crust is golden and tomatoes are soft.
- Serve warm